Thursday 14 August 2008

Transparent TrackBar Windows Forms

I discovered today that trackbars in windows forms .net don't support transparency, now why would i want transparency, so that when you put it on a tab control it looks the same as all the other controls. I could have set the tabPage UseVisualStyleBackColor to false but then i get the same old grey controls.

so I searched around today for a transparent trackbar and I found 2.

The first is just a dll from Mick Doherty, with no code, so im a little hesitant to use it in case it breaks

The second was originally on Matt Bird's web site but has now been moved to codeplex TransparentTrackBar as the original link was taken down.

Thanks to Matt Bird for allowing this code to be open sourced.

I hope people find them useful.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

Seconds link is no longer available, any chance you still have this source?

Tim Yen said...

I do, sorry to be so slow answering, my fault. see my latest post.I have got an answer from Matt Bird the original writer so I can post it to a web site. Its at work, so I'll post it on codeplex on monday.

Tim Yen said...

Daniel I have put it onto CodePlex.

http://www.codeplex.com/TransparentTrackBar

I hope you find it useful

Anonymous said...

Building custom trackbar for C# Windows Forms